David Posnack JCC is now hiring for the following positions:
SUMMER CAMP COOKING SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: MINDY BERNSTEIN
STATUS: TEMPORARY- 8 WEEKS
Seeking cooking specialist to teach cooking to campers in grades 1-8. Must be 18 years or older and have knowledge of safe cooking practices, nutrition, allergy awareness, and classroom management. Please call Mindy Bernstein 954-434-7038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPORTS & WELLNESS FITNESS ATTENDANT(S)
REPORTS TO: YSAAC KAPLAN
STATUS: PART-TIME (NON-EXEMPT)
The Sports & Wellness Department is currently looking for a late afternoon and evening Floor Attendant(s) to join their team. Various responsibilities include supervising fitness room, track, boxing room and yoga room, greet and assist all members in a friendly manner, maintain cleanliness of exercise area, and perform other duties as assigned. This person will report to the Fitness Supervisors. For inquiries, please email Ysaac Kaplan at email@example.com.
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE
REPORTS TO: ELEXIS ALEXANDER
STATUS: PART-TIME (NON-EXEMPT)
HOURS: 5:30 - 10:00 A.M.
The front desk staff are the "face of the center" and provide members and guests with a pleasant and welcoming environment as they enter the JCC. This position is responsible for creating strong relationships between the DPJCC and its current and prospective members, along with providing superior customer service. The specific duties of the front desk staff are to provide general and program information to members and guests that meet their needs related to total health and growing involvement in the DPJCC, thereby increasing member enrollment, retention and satisfaction.
• Check front desk information binder at the beginning of each shift to keep informed of any updates or other important information.
• Create pick-up lists for the Sports and Wellness Department classes coming from preschool,aftercare and DPJDS, check and update (daily), send to all departments (by Noon).
• Check registrations, making sure they are input in binders, complete with all correct information, along with putting member and non-member numbers on them.
• Responsible for organization of lobby flyer racks with most up to date information, magazine displays and overall appearance of lobby area. This should be checked at the beginning of each shift.
• Answer phones and respond to all emails.
• Must be able to account for petty cash and transactions.
• Take registrations when registrar is not available.
• Handle locker rentals, racquetball court reservations transactions, and check-out equipment.
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Membership Director (i.e. email blasts, labeling envelopes, phone calls, etc.).
Click here to read the full job description.
To download a full job description click here.
To apply, please email your resume to Michelle Camandona (Membership Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AFTER SCHOOL COUNSELORS
Our After-School Adventure Program is looking for Junior and Senior Counselors for the school year. You must be at least 16 years of age or older (Junior Counselors) or at least a high school graduate (Senior Counselors). Various responsibilities include working with an assigned group, lead weekly activities for the group, help children learn new skills and develop relationships with all children of your group. Click on the links below to download the respective job descriptions. For inquiries please email email@example.com for more information.
After-School Senior Counselor (must be at least a high school graduate)
After-School Junior Counselor (must be at least 16 years of age)
Water Safety Instructor
The JCC Aquatics Department is currently seeking Lifeguards and Water Safety Instructors to join our staff. Click on the job titles above for a full description. For questions about employment within the JCC Aquatics Department, please call Karla Smith, Aquatics Coordinator, Ext. 356 • firstname.lastname@example.org.
The David Posnack Jewish Community Center is an equal opportunity employer.