David Posnack JCC is now hiring for the following positions:
ASSISTANT EARLY CHILDHOOD DIRECTOR/CURRICULUM SPECIALIST
REPORTS TO: EARLY CHILDHOOD DIRECTOR
STATUS / HOURS: FULL-TIME (EXEMPT)
An Assistant Director for Early Childhood ensures the facility is a safe and fun place for children to learn. He/she is tasked with a wide variety of responsibilities, including assisting Director, managing staff, interacting with parents, and marketing and financial duties. He/she enjoys working with children and wants to provide the students at our center with the best possible experience.
- Assist Director as requested
- Coordinate school curriculum schedules
- Coordinate summer office work
- Handle calls regarding program questions, complaints, family problems, etc.
- Backup coverage of receptionist desk as needed
- Summer mailing to staff & families
- Tours prospective parents
- Preschool Camp Director
- Daily support as needed.
- Schedule yearly, monthly and weekly duty rotations
- Update staff bios & address list yearly (or as needed)
- Call for substitutes as necessary
- Assistant’s report to the Assistant Early Childhood Director
- Responsible for staff evaluations of Assistant Teachers
- Notify teachers of schedule and assignments
- Responsible for curriculum for all ages, themes, lesson plans (VPK and Ethical Start)
- Responsible for playground, music, karate, PE and Yoga schedules (enrichment activities)
- Submits billing of enrichment programs to Director for review and approval
- Coordinate calendar (basic year plan, field trips, guests, etc.)
- Review all class student registration books
- Monitor that books contain all necessary forms
- Coordinate student registration, records and class lists
- Assist in regular program daily routines
- Responsible for extended programs, mini-camps and summer camp (staffing, schedules and programs)
- Keep student database up-to-date
- Responsible for inputting into the Broward Early Coalition portal attendance records for VPK for reimbursement
- Assist Director in ensuring all APPLE accreditation standards are followed and met
- Assist Director in class placement lists for school and camp and input
- Write work orders, purchase orders and check requests as needed for school and camp
- Orient students to school and responsibilities
- Monitor work and classroom interactions
- Backup for director as needed to keep research running smoothly.
- Backup for administrative coordinator as needed
- Monitor safety needs
- Arrange repairs and grounds keeping
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Responsible for staffing and rehire of camp staff with Camp Director
- Hire, schedule, and supervise summer camp program.
- Writes all camp staff contracts
- Schedule all camp activities, field trips and bus transportation
- Attend camp evening events and marketing opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree required related to children and/or education
- Director’s credentials preferred
- Bilingual preferred
For inquiries or to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
AFTER-SCHOOL SENIOR COUNSELORS
The after-school senior counselor works directly with an assigned group of children as the group's leader. Applicants should be a high school graduate and should have prior experience working with children.
Click here for job description.
Please contact Arlene Abrams at 954-434-0499, ext. 326 or by email at email@example.com.
PRESCHOOL AFTER-SCHOOL COUNSELORS
Seeking to hire and retain staff that have a genuine love for children 12 months to 4 years. Childcare experience is preferred. Team player, self-motivated and flexible.
Hours: Monday-Friday • 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Please contact Mindy Bernstein at 954-434-7038 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FRONT DESK STAFF (part time)
The Front Desk Staff are the "face of the center" and provide members and guests with a pleasant and welcoming environment as they enter the DPJCC. This position is responsible for creating strong relationships between the DPJCC and its current and prospective members, along with providing superior customer service. The specific duties of the front desk staff are to provide general and program information to members and guests that meet their needs related to total health and growing involvement in the DPJCC, thereby increasing member enrollment, retention and satisfaction.
Click here for job description.
Please contact Michelle Camandona at 954-434-0499, ext. 107 or by email at email@example.com.
SPORTS & WELLNESS FITNESS ATTENDANT(S)
REPORTS TO: YSAAC KAPLAN
STATUS: PART-TIME (NON-EXEMPT)
The Sports & Wellness Department is currently looking for a late afternoon and evening floor attendant(s) to join their team. Various responsibilities include supervising fitness room, track, boxing room and yoga room, greet and assist all members in a friendly manner, spot/assist powerlifters in weight room, maintain cleanliness of exercise machines, equipment and fitness area, rack weights and perform other duties as assigned. Ability to lift 110+ lbs. required.
This person will report to the fitness supervisors. For inquiries, please email Ysaac Kaplan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Water Safety Instructor
The JCC Aquatics Department is currently seeking Lifeguards and Water Safety Instructors to join our staff. Click on the job titles above for a full description. For questions about employment within the JCC Aquatics Department, please call Risa Spevack at 954.434.0499, ext. 120 • email@example.com.
The David Posnack Jewish Community Center is an equal opportunity employer.