David Posnack JCC is now hiring for the following positions:
CHILDREN & FAMILY SERVICE DIRECTOR
REPORTS TO: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
- Manage a safe, meaningful and fun after-school care program filled with enrichment and recreational opportunities.
- Must have or acquire CDA certification.
- Responsible for all budgets, programs and marketing of program.
- Maintain all DCF records and be prepared for all inspections.
- Handle calls regarding program questions, complaints, family programs, etc.
- Coordinate after-school program schedules (planning).
- Address behavior issues, when necessary.
- Take applications for after-school program.
- Monitoring children in program to get to enrichment programs.
- Write and/or approve work orders, purchase orders, payroll, and check requests as needed.
- Coordinate staff schedules and assignments.
- Prepare file folders for new children and monitor that files contain necessary forms.
- Plan, schedule, staff and book all field trips and programs for aftercare, mini camps, vacation days and early release days.
- Responsible for getting materials needed to run programs.
- Responsible for bus attendance sheets.
- Monitor safety needs.
- Send emails and mailings to staff and families.
- Monitor work and classroom interactions.
- Hire, supervise, evaluate and provide training for all staff.
- Have a leadership role in Camp Kadima.
JCC Maccabi Games and ArtsFest Delegation Head
- Serve as the local delegations primary contact person with all matters relating to the local delegation within the agency, JCCA and the community.
- Development and on-going monitoring of local delegation budget.
- Review and monitor the local delegation scholarship program. Assist committee with determining the award granted to participant.
- Work closely with other DPJCC Departments such as marketing, development, accounting, membership, etc. on specific aspects of the Games® and Arts Fest®.
- Recruit teens and coaches to participate in JCC Maccabi
- Disseminate all information received from the hosting communities and JCCA staff to all local athletes, artists, coaches, families, spectators, etc., via direct mailings, emailing’s, local website, other relevant social media outlets and scheduled orientation sessions.
- Establish team selection criteria, team/individual sports try-out selection dates, process of athletes’ notifications once tryouts are finalized and team and individual sports practice schedules. Reservations for required practice facilities in conjunction with the Sports and Wellness Director, as required.
- Annually attend all required spring and summer delegation head meetings.
- Annually attend the Games® and ArtsFest® program as the lead staff person and handle any and all issues that may arise while at the event(s).
- Create year-round Games® and ArtsFest® local programming such as community service projects, Jr. Maccabi, etc., and recruitment of volunteers.
- Understand and adhere to established JCCA payments, paperwork, background checks and registration deadline dates.
- Collects and records all local delegation’s payments in CCC.
- On-going monitoring and maintaining of local athlete, artist and coaches’ data bases and required paperwork.
- Manage the process of ordering of uniforms, pins and other tradable items.
- Primary responsibility for recruiting JCC Maccabi and ArtsFest participants.
- Supervise all Children & Family Services staff and provide support and leadership. (Assistant Director, Admin. Assistant, all after school counselors, etc.)
- Provide staff guidance and support to the Children & Family Services committee and its Vice Chair.
- Plan and execute family programs throughout the year.
- Lead and develop Children & family Services staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required (Master’s Degree preferred)
- 5 years of related experience
- Knowledge of JCC Maccabi Games® preferred
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
AFTER SCHOOL COUNSELORS
Our After-School Adventure Program is looking for Junior and Senior Counselors for the school year. You must be at least 16 years of age or older (Junior Counselors) or at least a high school graduate (Senior Counselors). Various responsibilities include working with an assigned group, lead weekly activities for the group, help children learn new skills and develop relationships with all children of your group. Click on the links below to download the respective job descriptions. For inquiries please email email@example.com for more information.
After-School Senior Counselor (must be at least a high school graduate)
After-School Junior Counselor (must be at least 16 years of age)
SPORTS & WELLNESS FITNESS ATTENDANT(S)
REPORTS TO: YSAAC KAPLAN
STATUS: PART-TIME (NON-EXEMPT)
The Sports & Wellness Department is currently looking for a late afternoon and evening Floor Attendant(s) to join their team. Various responsibilities include supervising fitness room, track, boxing room and yoga room, greet and assist all members in a friendly manner, maintain cleanliness of exercise area, and perform other duties as assigned. This person will report to the Fitness Supervisors. For inquiries, please email Ysaac Kaplan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE
REPORTS TO: ELEXIS ALEXANDER
STATUS: PART-TIME (NON-EXEMPT)
HOURS: 5:30 - 10:00 A.M.
The front desk staff are the "face of the center" and provide members and guests with a pleasant and welcoming environment as they enter the JCC. This position is responsible for creating strong relationships between the DPJCC and its current and prospective members, along with providing superior customer service. The specific duties of the front desk staff are to provide general and program information to members and guests that meet their needs related to total health and growing involvement in the DPJCC, thereby increasing member enrollment, retention and satisfaction.
• Check front desk information binder at the beginning of each shift to keep informed of any updates or other important information.
• Create pick-up lists for the Sports and Wellness Department classes coming from preschool,aftercare and DPJDS, check and update (daily), send to all departments (by Noon).
• Check registrations, making sure they are input in binders, complete with all correct information, along with putting member and non-member numbers on them.
• Responsible for organization of lobby flyer racks with most up to date information, magazine displays and overall appearance of lobby area. This should be checked at the beginning of each shift.
• Answer phones and respond to all emails.
• Must be able to account for petty cash and transactions.
• Take registrations when registrar is not available.
• Handle locker rentals, racquetball court reservations transactions, and check-out equipment.
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Membership Director (i.e. email blasts, labeling envelopes, phone calls, etc.).
Click here to read the full job description.
To download a full job description click here.
To apply, please email your resume to Michelle Camandona (Membership Director) at email@example.com.
• Water Safety Instructor
The JCC Aquatics Department is currently seeking Lifeguards and Water Safety Instructors to join our staff. Click on the job titles above for a full description. For questions about employment within the JCC Aquatics Department, please call Karla Smith, Aquatics Coordinator, Ext. 356 • firstname.lastname@example.org.
The David Posnack Jewish Community Center is an equal opportunity employer.