David Posnack JCC is now hiring for the following positions:
DEPARTMENT: ACCOUNTINGREPORTS TO: CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO)STATUS: FULL-TIME (NON-EXEMPT)
The Assistant Controller is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. The Assistant Controller reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist CFO in the preparation of financial management reports.
- Assist CFO in the accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Assist CFO with the establishment, implementation and monitoring of accounting control procedures.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Assist CFO in the continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities.
- Assist CFO with the development and maintenance of financial databases.
- Assist CFO with financial audit preparation.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and assist in the analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Assist CFO with the analysis of business operations including revenue and expenditure trends.
- Manage the payroll process up to and including payroll processing when Payroll Specialist is unavailable.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Accounting degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles.
- Knowledge of economic principles.
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience of related computer applications.
- Usually a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Planning and organizing.
- Strong communication skills.
- Information and task monitoring.
- Problem analysis.
- Judgment and problem-solving.
- Supervisory skills.
- Stress tolerance.
For inquiries or to apply please email email@example.com
PRESCHOOL AFTER-SCHOOL COUNSELORS
Seeking to hire and retain staff that have a genuine love for children 12 months to 4 years. Childcare experience is preferred. Team player, self-motivated and flexible.
Hours: Monday-Friday • 3:00-6:00 p.m.
Please contact Mindy Bernstein at 954-434-7038 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AFTER SCHOOL COUNSELORS
Our After-School Adventure Program is looking for Junior and Senior Counselors for the school year. You must be at least 16 years of age or older (Junior Counselors) or at least a high school graduate (Senior Counselors). Various responsibilities include working with an assigned group, lead weekly activities for the group, help children learn new skills and develop relationships with all children of your group. Click on the links below to download the respective job descriptions. For inquiries please email email@example.com for more information.
After-School Senior Counselor (must be at least a high school graduate)
After-School Junior Counselor (must be at least 16 years of age)
SPORTS & WELLNESS FITNESS ATTENDANT(S)
REPORTS TO: YSAAC KAPLAN
STATUS: PART-TIME (NON-EXEMPT)
The Sports & Wellness Department is currently looking for a late afternoon and evening floor attendant(s) to join their team. Various responsibilities include supervising fitness room, track, boxing room and yoga room, greet and assist all members in a friendly manner, spot/assist powerlifters in weight room, maintain cleanliness of exercise machines, equipment and fitness area, rack weights and perform other duties as assigned. Ability to lift 110+ lbs. required.
This person will report to the fitness supervisors. For inquiries, please email Ysaac Kaplan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Water Safety Instructor
The JCC Aquatics Department is currently seeking Lifeguards and Water Safety Instructors to join our staff. Click on the job titles above for a full description. For questions about employment within the JCC Aquatics Department, please call Karla Smith, Aquatics Coordinator, Ext. 356 • email@example.com.
The David Posnack Jewish Community Center is an equal opportunity employer.