Sports & Wellness Overview
Whether you are new to exercising, a fitness fanatic, or somewhere in-between, the David Posnack Jewish Community Center has unlimited options for all ages--from teens to seniors.
7,000 square foot fitness center fully equipped with fitness and weight training machines including:
• Abdominal & Back Machines
• Precor EFX Transport
• Cybex Strength Training Equipment
(including lower & upper body machines)
• Upper Body Ergometer
• Indoor Walking/Running Track
• True & Star Trac Treadmills
(with Heart Rate Monitors)
• Free-Motion Fitness/Weight Areas
Membership includes a FREE one-time orientation to the fitness center. On-going personalized fitness programs are available for an additional fee.
Teen Usage - for safety reasons, children under the age of 13 are not allowed in the fitness center.
Members ages 13 & 14 are required to take an exercise training course (FitTeen Program) before using the
weight training or cardiovascular equipment.
Many classes are FREE with your membership and we have added some GREAT new ones!
These free fitness classes are taught seven days a week by certified instructors.
We update our schedule monthly. Fitness classes we offer include:
• Spin® • TRX®
• Yoga • Zumba®
• Hot Yoga* • Circuit Training
• Insanity® • Bosu Classes
To view the March fitness schedule & full class description click here.
*A fee applies to this class.
Movie stars and athletes swear by them. Would working with a personal trainer benefit you? Absolutely!
Trainers can help anyone, regardless of physical condition or age, get in shape and stay in shape.
For more information on our personal trainers click here.
Babysitting is offered to members for FREE while visiting the J for fitness, activities and all other programs.
Reservations are required at least 48 hours in advance. Click here for babysitting hours & policies.
Additional facilities that you'll find on our campus include:
• 11,000 square foot air-conditioned gymnasium
• Competition-size swimming pool (with geothermal heating/cooling unit)
• Kiddie/teaching pool (3 feet in depth)
• Lighted outdoor sports complex:
• Two softball fields
• Five tennis courts
• Four racquetball/handball courts
Both mens' and womens' locker room facilities are open to members. Locker rooms include:
• Full shower amenities
• Steam room
• Sitting/changing area
Lockers are available to rent for members. The fee is $10 per month or $100 for one year.
To rent a locker, contact the Sports & Wellness front desk at 954.434.0499 ext. 100.
| • Adult Sports Leagues • Aquatics/Swim Lessons
• Babysitting • Children Enrichment Programs
• JHoops • Baseball
• Tennis • Volleyball
• 2015 JCC Maccabi Games® & ArtsFest® • Birthday Parties
• Physical Therapy • Wellness/Massage Therapy