2021 JCC MACCABI GAMES® & ACCESS
Become Part of the JCC Maccabi Family!
- Do I need to be Jewish to volunteer?
No, the entire community is invited and encouraged to become part of this amazing event by volunteering.
- Do I need to be a member of the David Posnack JCC to volunteer?
No, volunteer opportunities are available for the entire community.
- Is there a minimum age to volunteer?
Yes, all volunteers must be 18 or older as of July 31, 2021 for daytime shifts and 21 or older to volunteer for the evening social events.
- Is it permissible to bring children with me to volunteer?
No, as noted above, all volunteers need to be 18 or older as of July 31, 2021.
- I don’t know my schedule yet, can I still volunteer?
Yes, provide us with your information and you can determine your availability at a future date.
- Do I need to know a lot about sports to volunteer or are there non-sport position opportunities?
A. It’s not important that you know about sports; volunteers are needed in multiple other areas.
- Where can I park?
Parking should be available at all locations. If we discover areas where we can’t park, we will communicate that information to you at a later date. For security reasons, you must bring/wear your JCC Maccabi Games® & Access credentials to be admitted into any parking lot or venue.
- What if I am only available on a limited basis to help out?
That’s fine – you can still volunteer. We appreciate whatever volunteer time you are available during the week between 6:00am – 10:00pm.
- What should I wear?
You will be provided with an official volunteer t-shirt which, for security reasons, must be worn whenever you are volunteering. We suggest that you also wear sneakers/comfortable athletic-style shoes, bring a hat and wear sunscreen if you’ll be volunteering outdoors. For security reasons, remember to bring and wear your JCC Maccabi credential during your volunteer shift(s).
- What should I do if I’ve lost my JCC Maccabi credential?
Go to JCC Maccabi Central (room to be determined) and a new credential can be printed for you. Please be sure to have valid photo identification with you in order to receive a new credential.
- If my teen is playing in a sport, can I volunteer during that time?
Yes, however we recommend that you volunteer when your teen is not competing because most likely you will want to watch them perform.
- Can I use the JCC Maccabi transportation system to go to any events?
No, the JCC Maccabi transportation system is for athletes, official chaperones and coaches only.
- Where can I eat?
We encourage you to eat before or after your volunteer shift. If not, please plan to bring lunch or snacks, as not all venues will have concessions stands. Lunch at the DPJCC HUB site may also be available for credentialed volunteers between the hours of 10:30am – 2:30pm.
- Where can I get a schedule of the athletic events?
Updated schedules will be posted at www.fortlauderdalemacccabi.com and printed schedules will also be available at Maccabi Central(room to be determined)
- Where can I find the results of the games played during the week?
Scores will be posted at the DPJCC HUB site and on the website: www.fortlauderdalemaccabi.com
- What about restrooms and cell phones?
All volunteers should locate the nearest restrooms at the venues they’ll be working at and be prepared to direct the athletes, artists, coaches, guests visitors and other volunteers to them. Personal cell phones are permitted, but should be used sparingly (emergencies, etc.) so as not to be a distraction. Venue Directors, security and medical personnel will have communication tools with them as well.
- If I have more questions, how do I get the answers?
Please contact the JCC Maccabi Games Hotline (number provided at a later date) or email BrowardMaccabi@dpjcc.org