10TH ANNUAL VIC HERSHKOWITZ DOUBLES HANDBALL TOURNAMENT
JANUARY 26-28, 2018
A Message from Jen Tartaglia-Hershkowitz
Welcome to the 10th Annual Vic Hershkowitz Foundation Doubles Handball Event. The David Posnack JCC is once again hosting this charity event for the benefit of special needs children and young adults in memory of Vic Hershkowitz. Your generous donations last year provided funding for children to attend camp at the DPJCC this past summer. The JCC special needs camp has over 140 children, and we greatly appreciate your continued contributions, which provide summer program scholarships.
This year we will welcome Albert Apuzzi and Dave Dohman into the Vic Hershkowitz Hall of Fame. Al has a total of 21 national one-wall titles and has been in 32 national finals. That is more than any other player. Al was inducted into the USHA Hall of Fame in 2011. Dave Dohman, also a USHA Hall of Famer, holds nine national three-wall titles plus over 20 age group national championships. Dave also excelled at the four-wall game, earning top eight pro tour status during his early years.
The Ken Ginty Award will be presented to Bob Miller. Bobby began playing handball in 1974 at the Fort Lauderdale YMCA under the watchful eye of Vic Hershkowitz and others. Bobby holds a Canadian national doubles title plus Florida State three and four-wall singles and doubles crowns. During the Vic tournament, Bobby is always there offering to help in any way he can.
By donating to the Vic Hershkowitz Foundation Fund, your name will be permanently inscribed on the beautiful 2018 plaque and displayed on Vic’s Wall of Fame across from the handball courts at the JCC . Many thanks for your continued support, and we look forward to seeing you at the 2018 three-day handball extravaganza!
Please contact 954.434.0499, ext. 120 for more information.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE BROCHURE
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: January 22, 2018
Participation will be limited to the first 100 entries!
Doubles Divisions (Select 2 Maximum)
- Vic's A
- Barry's B
- Ages 40-49
- Ages 50-59
- Ages 60-64
- "Frenchy" Fortier - Ages 65-69
- Gerry Donnelly - Ages 70-74
- Murray Marcus - Ages 75-79
- Ages 80-89
- Consolation Round (for losers of 1st round match)
Entrance fee includes breakfasts, lunches, Saturday night buffet, snacks, T-shirt & awards!
- 1st Division - $70
- 2nd Division - $10
- 1st Division - $80
- 2nd Division - $10
College Students with Valid Student ID
- 1st Division - $40
- 2nd Division - $5
- Includes breakfasts, lunches, snacks and Saturday night buffet
Start Time & Rules
- Call Lenny Tieman at 954-275-2329
- Play may start on Friday, January 26, 2018 at Noon.
- USHA rules apply.
- RED 21 balls will be used.
- Eye guards must be worn.
- The tournament director reserves the right to reclassify or deny entry to any participant or set round robin format.
- Divisions will NOT be combined
- Runner-up referees the next match on the same court.
- Friday & Saturday lunch
- Saturday night buffet at Beef 'O' Brady's
- Daily breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks provided throughout the weekend
- "The Vic" tournament shirt
- Handball tips from Fred Lewis - Fill your head with handball knowledge and tips of the game from Fred Lewis, six-time national champion.
- Meet & talk with the best that have ever played our game: Hall of Famers, national handball champions and world champions.
- Awards for 1st and 2nd place
- Consolation round for 1st place only
- Three special awards:
- Inductees into the Vic Hershkowitz Hall of Fame
- MVP for the tournament, selected by the committee
- Ken Ginty Award
- Vic Hershkowitz prizes for all entrants
5700 Reese Road • Davie, FL 33314
(behind Costco/east side of University Drive, off of State Road 84)
Phone: 754.600.3366 • Fax: 754.600.3365
Mention Vic Handball Tournament to get double rate of $99.99.
Must book 14 days prior to tournament to guarantee rate.