Babysitting & Childcare Broward County
Get in a great workout at the J and know that your child is near by in a warm and loving environment.
Our babysitting room is adjacent to the fitness center and it's FREE to Family & Parent Plus Memberships.
||Babysitting Room (Age 3 mos-5 yrs)
|| JPlay (Ages 6-12)
|Monday - Friday
||8:00 - 11:45 a.m.
|Tuesday & Thursday
||6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
||8:15 - 11:15 a.m.
||8:30 am - 11:30 am
||9:00 - 11:30 a.m.
||8:30 am - 11:30 am
We are delighted to have so many parents using our free babysitting service. Please help us ensure the safety and health of your child by adhering to the following:
Reservations are not required, but we operate on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note: to ensure your child's safety, we must remain within proper child to caretaker ratios and depending how full the room is, we may not be able to babysit your child. Reserve space at the Sports & Wellness desk or call 954-434-0499, ext. 100.
Because health & safety regulations mandate that we have no more than six children per babysitter in the room at any time, we ask that you please pick up your child within 1 hour of drop-off. Doing so allows other parents to take advantage of our free babysitting service.
- Parents MUST remain on premises while child is in the babysitting room.
- Label all items brought into the babysitting room. This includes your child’s backpack, snack pack, bottle, sippy cup, etc.
- Do not bring any food items containing nuts into the babysitting room. Many
children are allergic to nuts/nut products.
- The DPJCC is a kosher facility. Please check food labels and bring only kosher
snacks for your child to eat.
- Limit snacks to those that are not messy or crumbly. Sippy cups should be leak proof.
- Do not leave a sick child in the babysitting room.
- If your child is not toilet trained, please bring diapers, wipes and extra clothing.
- If your child has any allergies, hearing or vision problems, etc., please let us know. This will ensure that our babysitters provide the best care for your child.
- Do not allow your child to bring special toys into the babysitting room. Personal toys often cause problems between children wanting to share these toys. In addition, the toys may be difficult to find at the end of the play session.
- Do not leave your gym bag in the babysitting room. It may contain harmful substances such as sunscreen, lotions, deodorant, perfume, medications, etc. Children are very adept at opening snaps and zippers and may ingest such substances very quickly. Lockers are free and available for the day; all that is required is your own lock.
Thank you for your cooperation in keeping your child happy and safe. Click here to download these rules.