A DPJCC Supervised, Remote Learning Program
Let the J help you with your child's remote learning. JSchooled is our new program for grades K through 8 that offers adult supervision on school days when your child is on remote learning.
Each classroom will have 10-15 students and a remote learning coordinator. Additionally, degreed teachers will be available to assist with the academics.
We will abide by all CDC, DOH and local Broward County guidelines. Social distancing and face coverings will be required. We will do daily health checks (temperature and exposure/symptom screening.
Program Hours: 7:30 am - 2:00 pm
Drop-off: 7:30-9:00 am
Pick-up: 2:00 pm unless student is registered for after-school.
Physical education and select enrichment classes are included. Private tutoring available for an additional fee.
Space for these programs are very limited. Registration deadline is July 31. (Priority registration will be given to J members, children who were enrolled in the J's 2019-20 after-school program and those who select the 5-day program.)
If BCPS returns to in-person, classroom learning by August 19, the registration fee will be refunded.
For questions, contact:
Arlene Abrams- firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-434-0499, ext. 326
Bonnie Rayman- email@example.com or 954-434-0499, ext. 209
JSchooled & After School Registration
Covid-19 Closure and Refund Policies
Applies to DPJCC Early Childhood Learning Center, JSchooled and After-School Programs
Effective August 2020
Closure Policy If/When There is a Positive Case
- Only the class/cohort that has the positive case will temporarily close and will be deep cleaned. The minimum closure will be two days. The date of that class reopening will be determined on a case by case basis.
- We will work with the Broward Department of Health (DOH) to determine if (and which) children and staff members will require quarantining and/or testing. Each case will be determined on an individual basis as the circumstances vary per case. This technique will help avoid a program wide closure.
- The child/staff that tested positive must have two negative test results before returning to the program and be symptom-free.
Refund Policy Due to Temporary Closure/Return to School
- If your child’s class has a temporary closure, a 50% refund will be given for four or more missed consecutive days within that month/following month. If we temporarily close for three or less consecutive days, no refunds will be issued for those days within that month/following month.
- You may choose to withdraw from the program for future months; however, we cannot guarantee their space and there is a $250 re-enrollment fee.
- If your child’s school reopens for in person learning and you withdraw your child, we will issue a 50% refund on the days left in that month. You can choose to withdraw from JSchooled for future months, but the re-enrollment fee of $250 will apply.
- Refunds will only be issued if the JCC closes, not if a parent chooses to withdraw from the program.
Recorded Zoom July 16
Recorded Zoom July 28
PPT from July 28